Great ways to relax and recharge
Recreational choices abound. Whether your idea of downtime is a long bike ride or an evening at an ice hockey game, a leisurely stroll or an invigorating game of tennis, there’s sure to be a recreational option that’s right for you.
Recreation by the numbers:
- 48 lighted tennis courts
- 39 parks
- 39 playgrounds
- 18 community centers
- 18 swimming pools
- 8 softball fields (used for the women’s fast-pitch softball in the 1996 Olympics)
- 5 country clubs
- 4 golf courses
- 4 lakes within a 35-mile radius—and one that’s right in town, Lake Oliver
- 2 marinas
- 1 Little League World Series Championship team
- 1 professional ice hockey team
- 1 professional arena football team
- 1 Stacking Championship—an exciting individual and team sport where participants stack and unstack 12 specially designed plastic cups in a pre-determined sequence.
The Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park
9,000 acres of campsites, trails, hot springs and picnic sites.
A 35,000 acre complex of gardens, trails and educational exhibits. Offers lodging and golf courses.
Known as “Georgia’s Little Grand Canyon,” this 16-canyon park makes a great day trip.
Click for more information and a complete listing of recreational options in our area.
PO Box 1200
Columbus, GA 31902-1200
Phone (706) 327-1566 or
Fax (706) 327-7512